1585 Kapiolani Blvd. Suite 1740 Honolulu, HI 96814
Hair loss is a common issue.
But figuring out what causes it can be confusing.
Today, you'll learn about the symptoms of hair thinning, what causes hair loss, and how to prevent it.
Here's the deal:
It can be hard to spot the signs of thinning hair right away. If you've experienced the symptoms below, you might be suffering from some type of hair loss.
Related: Top 6 Myths about Hair Loss
1. Genes - The most common cause of losing your hair is a condition referred to as male/female-pattern baldness. It results in receding hairlines and bald spots for men, and thinning hair for women.
2. Stress - Putting enough emotional or physical pressure on your life can cause a thinning of hair. This is usually minor and temporary.
3. Medications/Supplements - You might start losing your hair because of an unfortunate side effect for certain medications used for significant health issues.
4. Medical Conditions and Treatments - Certain conditions can lead to temporary or permanent hair loss, such as hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause, or thyroid issues. Medical conditions such as alopecia areata can cause patchy hair loss and other similar problems.
5. Hairstyles and Treatments - Hairstyles such as pigtails, which pull your hair tight, can cause traction alopecia. Additionally, hot oil hair treatments can inflame the hair follicles, which also leads to hair loss, particularly if scarring occurs.
Although hair loss is a struggle, there are ways to deal with it. While laser treatments and cortisone shots could help, they don't treat the underlying issue. Our recommendation is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments.
Related: 3 Secret Ways to Treat Hair Loss
PRP hair restoration treatment is an excellent option for hair growth, no matter the cause. PRP will improve your hair density without surgery or any side effects. A simple injection of your platelets into the scalp is all it takes.
PRP will help increase hair density because it:
While hair loss is sometimes the result of some inevitable factors, treating it can be simple.
If you're tired of suffering from hair loss, then find out if PRP treatments is for you! Contact us today to schedule a consultation for evaluation by Dr. Chung.
We will tailor a personal treatment plan especially for you! Call Us at (808) 949-8346.